Sunday, February 26, 2012

A beautiful GEM

So everyday I think I am going to be able to get all caught up on emails and messages, laundry and cleaning, etc...

Then I open my email or my mailbox and the stories and gifts knock me to my knees and leave me sobbing like a baby. I really do wonder who's life I am living some times, someone far more deserving and faithful.

Do you remember in this post where the now somewhat famous "one old lady" talked about how "the 5 teenage boys" used to be "5 teenage boys and 1 teenage girl"? The girl whose initials are GEM passed away in a car accident. My heart sank when I read those words and the first thought that came to my mind was I cannot imagine what her mom must be going through.

Who knew I would find this comment to my last post:

"I have no idea why I went to this sight today.. I had it bookmarked and clicked on it for an update. What a coincidence to see that your post today is about the fundraiser held at my church a few weeks ago for Valentin. I am personally acquainted with the teenage boys and the "old lady" , who by the way works harder than 4 "young ladies" :)

God's blessings are there everyday and I know it first hand. It was my daughter Elise that was the only girl in this Sunday School Class.. the one whose initials are GEM. She was killed in a car accident on August 2, 2011. These 4 boys were her friends and she loved them dearly!

Let me share with you a story about how Valentin is touching people you don't even know. I have this chair in my closet, crazy I know, but it is my place to hide from the world and be alone. One Sunday afternoon, I was sitting there praying and asking God why he couldn't have let my baby be one of those people who had a miracle near death experience, like the little boy in the book Heaven is For Real ... I explained that it would have changed Elise and the rest of our family and brought about many many blessings. Elise has so much to give and couldn't she have done God's work right here with me!

As always, God was listening. As I was praying and crying in the closet my phone rang, it was my mother telling me about Valentin and how Elise's Sunday School class wanted to raise money for his adoption. She told me the class had talked about Elise and know that she would have been on board.

Now this adoption and the work of those 4 boys on Valentin's behalf really have nothing to do with my daughter but at that moment it was so clear to me that God was answering the questions I had just asked him... he was telling me that my daughter was needed in heaven to make things like this adoption happen! Needless to say I went straight back to the closet to let God know that I got his message and to thank him for the many blessings I have, one of the biggest being Elise's mother!!!

I will keep you and your family in my prayers and look so forward to meeting you when you come to Mississippi!!"

How amazing is that?!?! I absolutely believe that God used Elise in Valentin's adoption and that God used Valentin to help Elise's mom. It's just too beautiful for words.

I cannot wait to tell Valentin all these stories of God bringing people together for his rescue and using him to help so many others too!

May I ask all of you to remember Elise's mom and her family in your prayer time. I just cannot even imagine losing a child, the thought alone makes me weep. God's plans are perfect and peace is found only in Him, may He grant Elise's family and friends many moments of peace. May He continue to use Elise in the lives of others.

And to Elise's mom, thank you for sharing your story with me. I cannot wait to meet you! I don't know exactly what heaven will be like but I look forward to giving your daughter a big hug!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to tell you that YOUR son's beautiful eyes stay with me. As I go through my day taking care of mine, I'm thinking of YOURS. We pray not that everything go smoothly(although that's our hope)but that the God I serve has his way and these children are restored to their forever families.

    ReplyDelete