Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sharing the stories part 4

This is a continuation of Sharing the stories part 1, part 2, and part 3. We have received so many wonderful stories of how people are touched by Valentin and some really sweet stories of giving and fund raising. We are so touched by these stories not only because so many want to help rescue Valentin but also because we see God moving in the hearts of His people. We hope you enjoy these stories, testimonies, prayers, and neat fundraisers as much as we do.

Doll auction for Valentin

“Hi, I have seen Valentin before, in a couple of blogs and I donated what little I could to his grant. Greece is in a financial depression right now. However, even if I don’t have the money right now, I can always make some for him. You see, I am a world known doll maker (sorry, that sounded like I was tooting my own horn, but I am just stating a fact) and my dolls are collected the world over. I was thinking I can sculpt a little one and put it on auction on eBay, invite my collectors via my mailing list and my FB page to bid on it. Of course I would send you a link to my auction and whatever the final amount is I will send on to Reese’s Rainbow via your Donate button in your blog.

How’s that? I have done this before a couple years back for another little boy, I was happy to help. Would that be ok with you guys? The auction? Could I share a link to Valentin’s story in the auction?

Have a wonderful day and I pray Valentin is in your arms soon!!! I am SO eager to “see” him grow and reach his full potential through your family. I so wish I can help, even a little, to his rescue. Many hugs from Greece.”

She also included a link to her blog where she has pictures of her dolls; oh my goodness, they are amazing! I can see why she is a world-renowned doll maker! They are so life-like and honestly you cannot tell if the picture is of a real child or a doll. God has blessed her with such a talent and then to use it to help our son…we are honored! Thank you!

**Update - I asked the sculptor if I could put the link to her blog up here so you all could see her amazing work. She agreed, so click here to go to her blog.

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Please share the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh! That is so awesome! My lil ol bake sale won't hold a candle lol! I can't wait to see the doll! And really, you said yes tho, right? When she asked if it was ok with you if she did it?! :-)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I just figured out that I can rely to comments. I am learning how to use this blog...slowly. Anyway, Christina are you kidding me, your little ol bake sale?!?! What an amazing thing you are doing! I have done a bake sale and it ain't easy :-) Thank you for your time and effort and for your heart!

      Yes, I did say yes to her :-) It might have been more of a 'are you kidding me, that is amazing, yes'!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I know Tina Kewy as I am also a dog collector (although I can't afford anything as great as hers) but I never knew she was in Greece! I am also from Greece (living abroad.) She is a VERY talented and well known artist in the doll world, her fundraising for you should be a real help.

    ReplyDelete