Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sharing the stories part 2

This is a continuation of Sharing the Stories. We have received so many wonderful stories of how people are touched by Valentin and some really sweet stories of giving and fund raising. We are so touched by these stories not only because so many want to help rescue Valentin but also because we see God moving in the hearts of His people. We hope you enjoy these stories, testimonies, prayers, and neat fundraisers as much as we do.

Here are some messages on Facebook that we have received in addition to all the thoughtful comments on this blog:

"Oh WOW!!!!!!!! I cannot even tell you how thrilled I am that you are going to adopt Valentin. My heart has been aching for him. ACHING!!!! Knowing where he is just makes it that much harder. A few of us were actually planning on doing a HUGE advocating week for him next week! Thank you for making my night."

"We are in the middle of a Russian adoption of a little girl who is 6 with special needs, I was trying so hard to think of a way to go get Valentin. I could not stop thinking about him, praying for him, and weeping for him. WE love him and I am sooo glad he has you!! I was devastated to read his previous family didn't work out but I guess I know now why... Blessings to you for following His direction, we will do all we can to help bring him home!!"

"I wanted to let you know how happy I am for your family and for Valentin! God's glory will shine through Valentin! I took the picture of Valentin that is posted on RR. I only saw him for a few moments - my kids were in the room across the hall from Valentin... Praying for you!"

"I've posted a couple times on your blog. We brought our son home two months ago. He is 6, has CP and had been transferred to a mental institution three months before we got there. Also, I love Valentin. In fact, right before we left to get our son, we tried to add Valentin and bring home two boys but he was not close enough to do it, so we decided to get our son settled and make a return trip. In the meantime, Valentin got a family. Anyway, long story short, I love Valentin and am so happy you're going for him. I'm here to offer support and answer any questions, although you've been around the block a couple times and already have one with CP. You could probably answer my questions. So there's my introduction. Glad we can be "friends"."

We love reading your comments and messages!

Adoption is not for the faint of heart (especially from the country Valentin is in). Between the emotions, the planning, the work, the praying and pleading, the paperwork (oh my, the loads of paperwork), trying to spend time with our 3 kiddos at home, home schooling, taking care of our home, working...well you get my point...some days it is all we can do to try to hold it together. We have been very close to mental and emotional breakdowns a few times now. The faithfulness of God, your prayers, and your kind words carry us through this time; they encourage us and motivate us. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment