Monday, March 26, 2012

And still no date

Every day we wake up hoping to hear an early morning phone call telling us we have received a travel invitation from Valentin's country and that we will be meeting him soon. There was a good chance that call was going to happen this morning but as you can tell from the title it didn't happen. We received word that our dossier has not even been reviewed yet and that we would not hear anything until at least next Monday, and maybe not even then.

It's easy to have faith when everything is going good isn't it? To say we are disappointed is an understatement. My heart hurts as another week goes by and Valentin lays in a crib. The conditions he is forced to live in every day sicken me and my mother's instinct wants to do everything I can to help him. I am learning a very good lesson about faith right now.

Do I believe God is indeed sovereign? Is His plan and His will indeed for good? Does He truly have all this under control? Are His ways higher then my ways? The quick and absolute answer is yes, but do I truly believe that when I struggle to accept the waiting?

I wanted to be upset this morning and wallow in self-pity, but praise God for His Holy Spirit. Just when I wanted to feel sorry for myself, the Spirit within me reminded me that yes, He is sovereign, good, in control, and has ways and reasons and plans that I know nothing about. This morning I am evermore grateful for His presence, I needed a kick to stop feeling sorry for myself and get over myself. I needed to be brought back down to my knees in humility. And I am so grateful He humbled me.

This morning I am choosing faith. God is so good...ALL the time!

Valentin will be rescued...in God's timing, not mine.

I feel very strongly that this needs to be a week of prayer and fasting. So, I will be spending less time on the computer. I am taking a week fast from Facebook. I am going to enjoy my family. And I am going to focus on fervent prayer.

So, my friends, how can I pray for you??? I moderate my comments and absolutely will not post any prayer requests you do not want to share but please message me with your prayer requests.

Praising God in the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment