Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jesus Storybook Bibles for Orphans

I have a wonderful and faithful friend who ministers to Orphans in Ukra*ne. She also opens up her home to host adoptive families while they are over there adopting for free. I saw this on her blog and because I could not have said it better myself, I am coping her whole post here. We literally just finished reading the Jesus Storybook Bible with our kids. It was given to us by a good friend and we were so grateful for it, it really is an amazing children's bible. I hope you all don't mind me sharing another ministry with you, but when I find a great opportunity to help orphans I just cannot keep it to myself. Here is what Karen shared:


"I'm excited to share with you a great opportunity to give in a very practical way!


Last Christmas, through Orphan's Promise we had the joy of distributing the The Jesus Storybook Bible among orphans in the Kherson region. This is a delightful children's Bible, that I highly recommend checking out in English if you have small children at home. I have a copy in Russian and I just love the way that the author weaves the promise of Jesus throughout the Old Testament and into the New. Many are saying it is one of the best children's Bibles out there....and I think I agree!

Well thanks to In Lumine Media the book is now in the Russian language, and several partner organizations here in Ukraine are teaming up to do a wide-spread distribution to Ukrainian orphans, so that every orphan in every orphanage will have their very own copy of the Bible!





For just $3 you can provide an orphan in Ukraine with a Children's Bible! (Sounds a bit like an informercial I realize :) ...but seriously-- the book retails at $16 in the USA- however the costs are being off-set here to make this affordable.  So that even a child can give!

The plan for now is to raise enough funds so that at Easter we can have a wide-scale distribution through local churches and ministries.  So would you consider in donating to a very worthy cause?  You can visit this site to find out more information and to download printable material, like the poster above, so that your whole church can get involved!

Orphan Sunday is coming up on November 4th-- so this would be a great cause to support in your churches or small groups!"



Feel free to share with others...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that idea! We're big fans of the Jesus story book Bible too. I take them in Spanish for my little friends and the kids that I love in Mexico. It's such a simple, concise, big picture, gospel focused, Jesus centered Children's Bible...more than just the usual stories and moral fables approach to children's Bible. The kids and I will be checking out your links. Such an amazing way to get the truth of God's Never Stopping, Never Giving up, Unbreaking, Always and forever love into the hearts of kids. Thanks for passing it on.

    p.s I love seeing how your boys are thriving! They look amazing. We're hoping to bring our little guy with CP home in Jan. and I'm soaking up all your experience and wisdom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cause. Thank you for sharing it!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete